Sunday 26 June 2011

Sculpture Course

Yesterday I went to the Fremantle Art Centre for a sculpture course. The art centre is a beautiful old building, built by convicts and it's first use was a lunatic asylum. A Hungarian guy called Viktor was our teacher. It was a small group and everybody else had done sculpting before. We bought a piece of Hebel stone, a man made "stone", which is very easy to carve. I borrowed tools from one of the mums in school I really like, Michelle, who is a sculptress herself. That morning I had woken up at 5am hearing the loud crashing of the waves and they kept me awake, so I decided to make a wave. Also because I thought it would look good in our garden with ocean views. It's hard work! Pfew, certainly feel my arm muscles today! But also great fun and although my sculpture isn't perfect, it still looks alright for a first attempt!
The other bit of news is: I won an i-phone! I entered a competition about Russel Crowe and his new film. I don't care at all about Russel Crowe but I could use an update as my phone is a real old one (can't even take pictures). You had to name his best films and write 25 words why you liked them:

Beautiful Mind, L.A. Confidential and Gladiator are his best films
They stay in your head
You feel in your toe
That's Russel Crowe!


Still haven't got the phone.. need to fill in a form to prove my identity, blablabla
But am happy I will get it at some point (probably after my trip to the Netherlands)

What else.. boys are doing well. Willem has lost 2 teeth now. His reading is improving. They still enjoy multi-sports, swimming and the tennis on Friday afternoons is a real success. The boys love it and I get to sit in the setting sun with a bunch of nice parents from the school and a drink. Makes me feel part of the community.

Thursday night I went out with the mums from Willem's class, Friday night I organised a girls night out to a tapas bar in Leederville. It was a really good night, despite the really heavy rain.
Saturday I ran to Cottesloe (about 8k) and Jamie drove there with the boys to meet our friends on the beach for a swim. In the afternoon we had a leaving party at the Dutch School. One of the dutch mums is leaving. I don't know her very well, only go to the gym with her, but it was nice to catch up with a lot of people.

Here are some photos of the sculpting course. Jamie did well looking after the boys and took them to the beach. They were in their swimming trunks and Willem even went in the sea. It's winter!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment