Friday 17 June 2011

Estate agent

Last week I phoned our estate agent in Aberdeen. We'd heard the woman who lived in our ground floor flat would leave the end of June. We're glad to see her go. She broke the washing machine, the tumble dryer and she also claimed the lawnmower was broken but we suspect she just didn't want to mow the lawn. Anyway, you can imagine the state of our garden. I don't like that at all as everybody looks after their gardens really well in our street. But that's not even the worst: she also hasn't paid the rent regularly. Anyway, I phoned Lewis, who I always dealt with. I was told he no longer worked for the company. I was surprised and to be honest, it would've been nice to have been informed. The new guy, James, was very understanding and apologetic and would find out about everything as soon as he could after I explained our experience with our first tenant. I received an email today in which he explained their solicitors are now dealing with the rent she still owes us and he also found new tenants for our property starting the beginning of July. A couple signed up for another year for £100 more a month than last year. This time we will include a gardener in the rent, though. Anyway. good news!

No comments:

Post a Comment