Thursday 19 May 2011

Rain

Finally some proper rain. Today it's really stormy! Planted some vegetables again the other day so it's good for them and the lawn and all other plants in the garden. Basically it's good for everyone this rain. All lakes have practically dried up and the longneck turtles and birds are desperate for water. It prevents bush fires and will provide us with drinking water...We just got soaked on our short walk to school!
Boys are doing well. Frank enjoys drawing and colouring and Willem is showing some more interest in reading. Although the computer is still his favourite. Tonight we're going out with our good friends from Oman, Sue and Gareth. They are leaving soon for Kazachstan and they are the first to go. There will be a lot more leaving at the end of this year. Biggest drawback of this life. We're going out in North Fremantle to places I've wanted to go to for a while so I am looking forward to it. Also it has been a while since Jamie and I went out together. Last Tuesday I saw a Western Australian film called "Mad Bastards" about an Aboriginal community in the Kimberleys. Beautiful place, would like to go there sometime. Music was good as well and I believe it gives an accurate picture of the problems with the Aboriginals. Quite sad but this film showed hope too. Next Tuesday Katja and I will go and see Ben Folds. Really looking forward to that!
I've been running. Twice I did 12,5 km in Bold Park and yesterday I ran to Scarborough and back on the beach. It was so beautiful, just love the ocean. Jamie started in a new team at work a couple of weeks ago. He is a lot busier but seems to enjoy it.
can't believe how fast the time goes... Mid May already.. another 6 weeks and I'll be flying to The Netherlands again for 3 weeks. That should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment