Monday 23 May 2011

Autumn

We're well into autumn and we had two days last week with substantial rain but this weekend and today it has been lovely again and it will be the rest of this week. It's chilly in the mornings and at night but around 22 degrees and sunny during the day. This weekend we went out with our friends from Oman, Sue and Gareth. We went to a small wine bar in North Freo called Mrs Brown and then on to Harvest, a very cosy bistro style restaurant with lovely though rather pretentious food. But we had a lovely evening. On Saturday morning we went to Cottesloe beach to meet our friends and in the afternoon Katja and Johannes came for dinner. I made nachos for the kids and a yummy Thai green fish curry for us. On Sunday I found out that Band of Horses will be the support act for Kings of Leon in november. I love Band of Horses and we just got tickets for the concert so that made me happy. We went to the beach where Frank found more beautiful shells (the house is overflowing.. he's a real hoarder!) and Willem played baseball with Jamie. In the afternoon I went for a run around lake Monger (3.3km) and Willem and Frank cycled. This morning Frank and I set of to Trigg beach, the surf beach. The conditions were perfect so I tried again to ride some waves.. I really need more practice but it's fun. Frank had fun on the beach with his friends. It's so nice to meet everyone there.. The boys have started "multi sport" after school on Mondays and love it. Today it was a bit of hockey, rugby, soccer and throwing. Tomorrow Katja and I are going out to see Ben Folds. Am really looking forward to his show. That's about it for now. Hope you're all happy and healthy, where ever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment