Monday 16 April 2012

What's happening!

Sorry guys, it's taken me too long again. What's been going on. Well, lots. A school fair, boys swimming lessons, Easter egg hunt with Willem's class, Lunches with friends, gym, work, outdoor cinema, bootcamp and all the other normal, regular things.

More importantly: Jamie's Mum Jill and her friend Alan came to see us again which was lovely. Jill is 80 years old now so it's quite amazing she can still make it across and not just tp Perth but to Sydney and the Gold Coast too! We went a weekend to Yallingup and went to some of the great beaches but also visited a great place called the Bootleg Brewery and the Cullen Winery, where I tasted the best Chardonnay of 2010 worth $105 a bottle (which isn't really that expensive) and it was yummy!


It was really nice to see them again. This was during  a nice BBQ on our veranda.



Have I mentioned our reading club yet? Started it a couple of months ago with some Dutch girlfriends. We've been reading mostly Australian books. Really good ones like "A fortunate Life" from A.B. Facey. You get a real good idea what life was like here in WA when the first settlers came. We also read "My Place" by Sally Morgan, a book about what it's like to be aboriginal. Jasper Jones, written by Craig Silvey was fabulous. Also a WA author. Totally relived my Tom Sawyer/Mark Twain experience. Just finished "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. Also really recommended! Narrated by death and set in Nazi Germany. Cried my eyes out...
Anje, Marjolijn, Tamar, Corinne, Sylvana, Katja (and me)


OOOOOOH and how can I forget! I got filmed for a program Zeeuwen Down Under and I was on TV on the 27th of March!



and here's a bonus film too:



It was really fun to do and the film crew (Remie and Mieke) were lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment