Sunday 22 April 2012

Bush Fire

I totally forgot to blog about our bush fire. Just before we went away for my birthday holiday trip Bold Park was on fire. You could see the smoke very well from our veranda and even better from our upstairs balcony. Lots of helicopters whizzing round dropping water, fire engines, sirens etc. I went over to the neighbours to ask if they thought it was serious. They didn't seem to be too worried but poor Willem was. he was sooo scared. He straight away got changed into long trousers and a long sleeve top in case we had to leave the house. I switched on the laptop to find information and the bush fire update said we needed to close all doors and windows and stay alert. Frank put his cuddly toys by the door to take with him, and also a huge wooden dinosaur skeleton he was given for his birthday and he hadn't finished painting! It reminded me of when our chimney was on fire when I was nine. I had put all my cuddly toys in a bin bag, put my boots on and was ready for evacuation! Luckily soon after the smoke became less and the alert said there was no threat anymore. It's quite frightening though, if a fire is so close to your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment