Wednesday 19 October 2011

Work!!

This week I went to work for the first time in nearly 3 years. I was just assisting so didn't need to prepare. My friend Marloes had prepared a fantastic lesson about heroes (theme of the Dutch children's book week) and I really like being there now so I get a very good idea of the level of the children (that will help me for next year when I am teaching myself). In total this week I work 4 mornings with the little ones and I also covered Wilna the head teacher with for 2 hours teaching individual children. Normally I will only work 2 mornings this term.  Last weekend we had a great time in Dwellingup (1,5 hours southeast of Perth) camping in the woods with 11 families from Willem's class. Kids got on like a house on fire and there was a lot of "adult time" too. It was nice to get to know the other families better and the surroundings are so lovely and peaceful there. Photos are already on Picasa.
On Sunday we had a taste of summer, 35 degrees so we went to the beach. Australia lost the rugby from the all blacks...
Last night was the first meeting of the book club I've started. Not everyone could make it and not everyone finished the book (The potato Factory by Bryce Courtenay) but it was a successful, fun evening and we've got lots of good books on the list to read. Gym this morning (my only free day this week!) and
I went to see my friend Urmila in hospital as she has just given birth to another baby boy!
This weekend we're just here. It's the rugby final, children's book week activities for the boys organised by the Dutch School, a 40th birthday party from Noor for me.. so lots to do..

No comments:

Post a Comment