Sunday 23 October 2011

Busy weekend

It started with cleaning and food shopping on a thundery Saturday morning. Then to the gym for a good hour of body attack and then to Michelle, a mum from school who spent an hour and a half on my hair and make up for Noor's (my gym friend) 40th birthday party. It was a girls only frock party in her house. Around 50 women all dressed up having cosmopolitans and champagne. We went for a drink in The Stanley afterwards. We all chipped in and Noor's close friends made a book full of vouchers for all her favourite shops and reastaurants. It was a lovely but it also made me feel kind of sad. In this life where everyone moves away all the time it is difficult to find true/real friendships. It's not something I've chosen, it just comes with the oil industry. And I feel that I've neglected some of my friendships back home (or where ever they are..all over the world) So plan: I am going to do better and if you receive a phone call, a card and or a (email)letter in the near future, you know you matter to me a lot! I do have a couple of true friends here too, don't get me wrong. I am not lonely or anything, it just made me value friendships even more. Do I make sense? Anyhow, This morning we had a children's book event in Kings Park organised by the Dutch School. Really nice, a kind of hunt where the children met book characters and had to do some tasks to win letters. The letters made a word and with that they could "win" a bookmark. Sausage sizzle to finish off.. lovely. To  the beach in the afternoon for an hour or so and then to Renate, a Dutch girl I have met quite a few times but wished I made a little bit more effort and she's really nice but now they're leaving. But it was BBQ with good food and some nice people..
Hope you had a good weekend too!

 Michelle's creation
ready for the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment