Wednesday 21 September 2011

Work!!

This morning I got a phone call from the Quintilian School, an independent school here in Perth and also the one where the Dutch School has a room. A lot of Dutch children go there and we are there every Tuesday as Willem has his Dutch lessons there. A couple of weeks ago I handed in my CV and there was the first call for relief teaching! Unfortunately I couldn't make it as I promised to go on the school trip with Kindy and Pre-Primary to the Art Gallery but it's a start!
On Monday I visited the Dutch Nursery class to see their way of working (actually observed my friend Marloes teaching) so I can do relief teaching there soon. This term it's easy as I can just bring Frank along to the classes. Next year it's easier as he will be in school 5 days a week as well.  Hopefully next term I can  work every Tuesday morning (as an assistant) in the Dutch Nursery and do some relief. Tomorrow I will observe Wilna again, the head teacher with the individual children although I am not sure if that's what I really want...
I went to Bold Park Community School today, another independent school to bring my CV (I already emailed them) and they were happy to see me. As they work differently from other schools (Reggio approach and some Steiner) they've asked me to do a trial morning next term. They also said they really liked my dress, like that would be a criteria to join the school :) But it was also promising.  So.. it's beginning to work out.. Although.. still no news about my ID number from the Government. They're a slow moving body, that's for sure. When I have it I can work in all the state schools too.

The trip to the Art Gallery was fun. I went along with Willem's class and they looked at the Aboriginal Art and all the stories of Dreaming with it. They also did some great artwork themselves.
Frank's Kindy class also learnt about Aboriginal Art and Frank is so inspired! His teacher said he was a great interpreter of the paintings. He found a stick on the way home and straight away started painting lots of dots this afternoon. He said he wanted his painting to go on the wall in the art gallery too!

No comments:

Post a Comment