Tuesday 23 August 2011

Spring

There's something about the spring. As a child, it was my favourite season, the first warm sun after the cold dark months, my birthday on it's way, happy people around you. In Scotland spring was always very welcome. The first snowdrops, crocuses, it has always given me a very happy feeling. Never thought it would be the same here in Australia. You can't call winter "winter" here and it's not like we haven't had the warm sun shining either. But the flowers are just so pretty it makes me smile. More and more are flowering now. First the yellow daisies, now the bottlebrushes and the kangaroo paws. I can't wait for our first free weekend to go camping again and to see all the wildflowers here.
It's funny, in Oman, I didn't experience spring for 5 years and I didn't mind. Guess there was just so much else going on to be thinking of flowers then. But it is definitely my favourite season, even though here in Australia my birthday is still far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment